I've returned from a short break from Pico-8, and to get back in the swing of things I thought I'd polish up my first Pico-8 game to bring it closer to the standard of my more recent games. This basically involved adding lots of particle effects. The goal was to get the game to a point where I'd be happy to upload it to Newgrounds.
- Added many particle effects
- Improved and simplified the title screen
- Added some simple tutorial text at the start of the game
- Added more detail to the HUD, repositioned some HUD elements to hopefully improve clarity
- Brightened the blue enemy projectile
- Slightly adjusted the spread on orange enemy projectiles. I think the way it was set in v1.0 was a bug/oversight.
- Added a sound effect for when the reactor is overheated.
- Added a highlight effect to coin and life power-ups.
- To facilitate all these additions and changes, much of the code was streamlined and simplified to free up some token space. Token count is currently 8184/8192.
There were actually a couple of fixes I made for v1.01, but I apparently never uploaded this anywhere.
- Fixed a bit where the high score wouldn't be properly recorded if the game was completed
- Fixed a bug where music wasn't reset properly after fighting a boss
Get Dominion Ex
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.