the problem is bayonet charge lol
Take command of a regiment of 18th Century line infantry in this short action strategy game.
- Train and manage your soldiers and then march them into battle.
- Fight in ten battles against Emperor Camembert and his cronies.
- Seven different tactics to use from co-ordinated volley fire, to a fierce bayonet charge, or a
- Strike a balance between training your soldiers and giving them enough rest so they are fresh for the next battle.
- Extremely historically accurate retelling of the Duke of Wensleydale's Parmesan Campaign against Emperor Camembert during the War of the 8 and Two-Thirds Coalition.
- Made in Pico-8 for ToyBoxJam 3 2022
The jam version (Pico-8 cart, includes source code) is a free demo.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Yeah the bayonet charge is a bit janky at the moment. Fixing that is on the to-do list! :)
The problem is, the enemy is too weak to respond. I never let my men fire a single bullet and they never lost a battle. But I really loved this game
So, you're using the bayonet tactic? It's a viable, if risky, method. 😅
Yes, we only lost one man. Benjamin, 30 years old.
When I get round to a proper post-jam version I'll very likely make the enemy a lot more challenging. It does matter what difficulty you play on, the troops you get on Hard will have much more trouble getting away with bayonet cheese (pun intended 😁 ) For jam games it's usually better to go with 'too easy' than 'too hard'.
Once you get the hang of what is going on and how orders work you get sucked in to the game's theme.
Fun game! Reminds me of battles in North & South game.
On the battle of lone hill Brie Fusiliers men were waiting at the top, cannons at ready. And we kept on shooting and spraying but I had to retreat cause the last of guy he had was like a cyborg or something, would not die. Had more fun when I started to get the hang of how the game worked though still not 100% sure on it all. Fun stuff!